The preparations are well underway for the 2016 Charity Gala and to ensure its success we need your help.
Last year we raised nearly three million Czech Krowns for our charities and sponsored many life changing projects:
- Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Motol: Funds raised were used to purchase ward equipment to treat children with cancer.
- Diakonie Center: Diakonie supports families of children with mental, physical and multiple disabilities. Money directed to this charity was used to renovate the garden.
- Beroun Children’s Home: Beroun is a residential home for complex needs children. Our contributions funded horse-riding lessons, swimming lessons, pet therapy, music therapy and trips to the salt caves.
- Skiing for the disabled: Donations were used to train a mono-ski instructor.
- Pink Crocodile School: Pink Crocodile helps children with complex needs. Last year we sponsored new equipment.
- Dedina Center: Dedina offers a support system for adults with impaired vision. Our money was used to support a program aimed at fostering greater independence.
- Broken Silence Foundation: Broken Silence supports deaf children after their cochlear implant surgery. Money raised was invested in surgical equipment for Motol ORL.
Many of these initiatives are ongoing and need our continued support.
We are extremely grateful to our sponsors for their kind donations. Thank you to those who have already donated prizes for the 2016 auction. If you haven’t yet donated and are able to give an auction prize or something for our goody bags please get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.
We look forward to working with you to make 2016 our best year yet. For more information about our work please speak with any committee member or visit www.charitygala.cz.
Charity Gala Committee