Thank you for supporting the 2018 Charity Gala. The event was a huge success and we are delighted to tell you that we raised a whopping 8 million Czech Krowns. This makes 2018 our most successful gala ever.
We are extremely grateful for your kind donations and will work closely with our charities to ensure that all the money raised is put to good use.
In 2019, we will work with the following charities:
- Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, University Hospital Motol: Our donations will be used to purchase specialist equipment to help both the diagnosis and treatment of children with cancer.
- Diakonie Center: Diakonie supports people with mental, physical and multiple disabilities and their families. Our donations will be used to improve the environment and purchase specialist equipment.
- Beroun Children’s Home: Beroun is a residential home for complex needs children. Our contributions will fund horse-riding lessons, swimming lessons, pet therapy, music therapy and trips to the salt caves.
- Skiing for the disabled: Charity Gala donations will be used to train instructors and fund courses for disabled adults and children.
- Faculty Hospital Kralovske Vinohrady: Charity Gala supports work with newborn babies. Our donations will be used to purchase surgical equipment for oncology patients.
- Dedina Center:Dedina offers a support system for adults with impaired vision. Our money will be used to support a program aimed at fostering greater independence.
- Broken Silence Foundation: Broken Silence supports deaf children after their cochlear implant surgery. Gala funds will be invested in surgical equipment for Motol ORL and to support families of newly diagnosed children.
We will update you throughout the year on our progress and you are very welcome to visit any of our charities with us.
All the very best for a happy and healthy year ahead.
Charity Gala Committee
Elizabeth Neale, Paula Hessenberger, Grace Wilkinson, Blanka Smith, Anke Weber, Karen Feldman, Kate Sellers, Clare Mazzotti, Jo Demirel, Dana Duffill and Gill Maguire