The theme of the 20th Charity Gala is Celebration.
- 20 years of FUNDraising for local charities
- 37 million Czech Krowns donated directly to charity
- Hundreds of generous sponsors
- Thousands of generous guests
- 28 dedicated committee members
- Four brilliant MC’s
- And one fabulous leader.
Liz we salut you. Mlynec we adore you. Sponsors we thank you. And to all our friends and supporters we simply couldn’t have done it without you.
Over the past twenty years we have fully funded or contributed to hundreds of projects at local Czech charities. Here’s a taste of what your donations have funded:
- Broken Silence – newborn hearing screening at 28 hospitals across the Czech Republic, research programs, parent groups and support for low income families.
- Beroun Children’s Home – art therapy, dog therapy, sensory equipment, foster mothers program, furniture and toys, horse riding for the disabled, music therapy, flotation tank and salt cave visits, new bedding and psychotherapy.
- Diakonie – new minivan, building renovations, garden redesign and construction, lift system, new heating system, sensory equipment and a massage bath.
- Complex Needs Care – physiotherapy, teaching staff, sensory equipment, smart boards, horse riding, art and music classes, special needs parent groups and early years care.
- Motol Diabetes – diagnostic software, specialist bed for children with acute diabetes, educational manuals for newly diagnosed children, clinical trials and innovation projects.
- Motol ORL – endoscopic surgical equipment, surgical headlamp, specialist equipment and research support.
- Skiing for the Disabled – new transport van, course funding, instructor training and ski equipment.
- Dedina Blind Home for Adults – craft equipment and courses, refurbished a teaching kitchen, new oven, sensory garden and new bedding.
- Faculty Hospital Kralovske Vinohrady – resuscitation set for neonatology, laparoscopic surgical equipment and blood analyser for newborn babies.
- Franciscan Sisters of the Sacred Heart – support for homeless adults, underprivileged children, women’s shelter and prison counselling.
- Paediatric Haematology and Oncology at Motol Hospital – 50 infusion pumps, ambulance equipment, examination deck, inhaler and pressure gauges, psychological diagnostic tests, 20 beds for parents, six children’s beds and baby monitors for the leukemia ward. We have also given financial support to courses for teenagers, Pink Bubble, the construction of the oncology garden and the umbilical cord blood bank at Kapka Nedeje.
We are immensely proud of what we have achieved and would like to thank you for being part of this journey. If you would like more information on any of the projects that we have supported please let us know.
We are really looking forward to celebrating with many of you on Saturday 1st December.