The preparations for this year’s event, Cocktail, are well underway and we now need to appeal to you for prize donations to ensure its success.
Since our first event in 1999 we have raised over 33 million Czech Krowns for local charities. We’re incredibly proud of what we have achieved and are passionate about continuing to make a positive difference to the causes that we believe in.
Last year, we raised 3.6 million Czech Krowns for the following local charities:
- Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, University Hospital Motol: Funds raised contributed to the purchase of a Flow Cytometer which analyses the patient’s blood at the DNA level thus enabling scientists to precisely see which cell is affected and tailor treatment accordingly.
- Diakonie Center: Diakonie supports people with mental, physical and multiple disabilities and their families. Our money was used to complete the garden renovation and buy tailor-made equipment.
- Beroun Children’s Home: Beroun is a residential home for complex needs children. Our contributions funded horse-riding lessons, swimming lessons, pet therapy, music therapy and trips to the salt caves.
- Skiing for the disabled: Charity Gala donations were used to train a mono-ski instructor.
- Pink Crocodile School Prague: Pink Crocodile helps children with complex needs. Last year we specifically sponsored physiotherapy programs.
- Dedina Center: Dedina offers a support system for adults with impaired vision. Our money was used to support a program aimed at fostering greater independence.
- Broken Silence Foundation: Broken Silence supports deaf children after their cochlear implant surgery. Money raised was invested in surgical equipment for Motol ORL and support for families of newly diagnosed children.
Many of these projects are ongoing and need our continued support.
This year, we will also be supporting the Department of Projects, Grants and Clinical trials at Kralovske Vinohrady. Money raised will be used to purchase specialist equipment for neonatal care.
A big thank you to those of you who have already donated prizes for this year’s auction. If you haven’t yet donated and think that you might be able to help then please get in touch. We look forward to working with you to make 2017 our best year yet.
You will find more information about us, our sponsors and our charities at charitygala.cz.
Charity Gala Committee
Elizabeth Neale, Paula Hessenberger, Grace Wilkinson, Blanka Smith, Anke Weber, Karen Feldman, Kate Sellers, Clare Mazzotti, Jo Demeril, Dana Duffill and Gill Maguire